Quality Assurance Technician
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Department: Quality / Technical
Responsible to: Quality Assurance Supervisor / Site Technical Manager
Main Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the production of excellent quality and safe food that complies with company specifications, codes of practice and legislation. Post holders will work to support all stages of the manufacturing process from product development through to finished product manufacture.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This is a key position within the business and the main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promote quality, food safety and Health & Safety by leading by example, challenging unsafe practices and behaviour; assisting in driving the site Quality agenda and Health & Safety culture.
- Take collective responsibility for all food products that are produced; sharing best practice and knowledge with others to support continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Carry out quality checks (e.g. product temperatures, label checks) and site auditing (e.g. hygiene, GMP, glass & plastics, fabrication) and Critical Control Points (CCPs) verification audits.
- Actively participating in third party audits (e.g. BRC / SALSA, EHO, Customers).
- Being fully conversant with all traceability systems including mass balance.
- Investigating complaints and ensure they are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion; work with the site team to reduce complaints.
- Auditing and filing of traceability documentation ensuring that non-conformances are communicated and corrective actions are implemented with the production teams to ensure due diligence.
- Managing the calibration of all site equipment (e.g. scales, probes).
- Attending weekly quality team meeting and daily production communication meetings.
- Collation and logging of samples/swabs to be sent to the laboratory for analysis.
- Collection and preparation of product samples for product assessment/taste panel; recording of any issues and reporting back to the manufacturing units and NPD, if necessary.
- Attending NPD production trials and collecting documentation/photographs in order to produce finished product and Quality Attribute Sheets.
- Support the Quality Assurance Supervisor and the wider needs of the business.
- Positive and adopts a ‘can do’ attitude to challenging situations.
- Takes responsibility for the challenge and looks for options and solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Personal motivation, showing a personal drive for overall team success.
- Is enthusiastic, passionate and energetic whilst consistently striving to exceed expectations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the production environment.
- Is able to identify the need for quality improvement and puts into place resolutions with management authority.
- Demonstrates good time management in all aspect of the technical/quality department.
- Consumer focused, displaying a positive and professional brand image.
- Driven by attention to detail and process.
- Meets deadlines whilst uncompromising on quality and food safety.
- Is results orientated and takes pride in personal and team achievement.
- Consistently raises the bar for performance and continuous improvement in a food environment.