Quality Assurance Technician
Our client, a Lancashire-based family business, is looking for a QA Technician. You will be required to ensure the production of excellent quality and safe food that complies with company specifications, codes of practice and legislation. You will work to support all stages of the manufacturing process from product development through to finished product manufacture. The Shifts are Monday to Friday 7am - 3.30pm / 8am - 4.30pm plus 4 hours on 1 in 4/5 Saturdays to be worked between 7am and 12.30pm.
Key Accountabilities are:
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Carry out quality checks, site auditing and Critical Control Points verification audits.
- Actively participating in third party audits.
- Being fully conversant with all traceability systems including mass balance.
- Investigating complaints and ensure they are closed out to a satisfactory conclusion; work with the site team to reduce complaints.
- Auditing and filing of traceability documentation ensuring that non-conformances are communicated, and corrective actions are implemented.
- Managing the calibration of all site equipment (e.g. scales, probes).
- Attending a weekly quality team meeting and daily production communication meetings.
- Collation and logging of samples/swabs to be sent to the laboratory for analysis.
- Collection and preparation of product samples
- Attending NPD production trials and collecting documentation/photographs in order to produce finished product and Quality Attribute Sheets.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment.
- Basic Food Hygiene and Level 2 HACCP qualifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail.
- Good IT skills, including word-processing and spread sheets.
- Valid driving licence
- Lancashire-based family business
- Currently one of the county’s largest employers with more than 800 staff
- Recently moved to a purpose-built distribution centre
If you have an enthusiastic and positive attitude and are looking for a challenging and interesting role, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4302 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.