SHE Compliance Officer
To provide competent support, advice, and guidance to assure the effective implementation and ongoing compliance of the Safety, Health and Environmental management system and all associated policies and procedures and legislative frameworks for associated property, facilities and the operation.Main responsibilities
- Maintain the site(s) HS&E systems to ensure the adherence to all relevant HS&E legislation and agreed internal standards
- Ensure the planning and completion of all location’s Risk Assessments and safe systems of work to ensure adherence to location’s and Group policy
- Maintain the location’s Management processes including the investigation of all lost time incidents and management of the incident recording system to meet with statutory requirements
- Ensure the reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences to ensure that the Group meets with its statutory obligations
- Ensure all emergency evacuation procedures are recorded, followed and practiced to adhere with agreed group standards
- Assist with the management of all Stakeholder relationships (EA, HSE, Customers, Local community) to ensure that there are no compliance issue.
- Monitor, measure and support the adherence to facilities management by ensuring all maintenance (planned and preventative as well as reactive) is completed in line with agreed schedules and where required the appropriate issues are escalated.
- Be the appointed site(s) competent person for the management and control of contractors by managing a robust permit to work system in line business policy.
- You will work with our trainers to ensure our Health, Safety and Environmental training meets the location’s learning and development plans and to support the Greencore Way principle of keeping people healthy and safe
- Undertake a schedule for site inspections and compliance self-audits in order to identify gaps in compliance and develop and implement robust action plans
- Provide timely management information for the key performance indicators for SHE as well as influencing future plans and strategy
- NEBOSH general certificate qualified is essential.
- You will be a highly organised and motivated individual with experience working onsite or in a similar environment.
- Strong communication will be required and it is ideal you have experience working with and influencing managers, contractors and directors both verbally and in writing.
- Good time management is essential , with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. You will be expected to travel as part of this roles to various sites within our network.
- A proven experience in Health and Safety management ideally gained in transport / warehouse operations