Job Type: Packaging Technologist EMEA
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Job Reference: CD-24553
Are you passionate about contributing to the success of a growing global branded FMCG business based in London? Do you have a good understanding of packaging materials and print techniques? Do you have good attention to detail, communication skills and proven experience in understanding how to take materials from proof to production? Then this is the role for you!
The Packaging Technologist is a new role to be located in the London office to help coordinate all efforts around the development and maintenance of secondary artwork for all products. The role will be working closely with the project teams to ensure effective and accurate project task execution based on priorities established for the NPD efforts.
Graphics and packaging quality management
* Dieline management for all packaging
* Review all packaging artwork for accuracy and route cross-functionally to obtain approvals
* Attending Press-Checks when applicable maintaining electronic filing of proofs
* Manage current status of package artwork life cycle
* Obtain and maintain Ink/film specification documentation
* Ensure global continuity
* Collaboration with local packaging engineering team to ensure that all specifications are being met and new materials approved based on quality
Graphics development and project management
* Submitting requests for third party suppliers and working cross functionally with internal marketing team
* Ensure positioning and colours are up to scratch and approved
* Coordinating sample mock ups for sales or registration purposes
* Secondary packaging Vendor management / relationship to ensure an effective collaboration and effective processing of artwork.
* Arranging for shipment of colour approvals to suppliers and/or colour targets for innovation or packaging extension to new markets.
* Relevant experience in printing and/or packaging development, artwork management proofing, different packaging and types of plastics
* Able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment
* Great attention to detail
* Conscientious, forward thinking and able to ask the right questions
* Able to manage a high workload without sacrificing on detail
* Able to process and apply knowledge to functional area and communicate regulatory and technical issues in lay terms
* A strong communicator with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner To apply, please submit your application via the link below.
To contact directly call: Chloe Dalton on 0161 639 0080
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.