World leading manufacturer are looking for a Health Safety and Environmental manager to join their team and help drive a culture of positive thinking towards health and safety by winning the hearts and minds of the team.
The client holds an excellent portfolio of outstanding and market leading brands. They operate within an excellent moral code which creates a great atmosphere to work in. Although a big company they have managed to keep an excellent family feel environment. This company really cares about their people and the protection of them and their brand.
The safety of their staff is of the paramount importance to the Plant Manager before anything else.
The HSE Manager is responsible for the continuous improvement activity set that embodies prevention, pro-activity, risk assessment, knowledge/ competency development and associate involvement essential in the development of a zero incident culture.
The HSE Manager will need:
- Degree, HND or HNC in science, mechanical or electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Formal qualifications such as NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Diploma, MSc or PGCin occupational health and safety desirable.
- Grad IOSH or CMIOSH is the required professional standard
- Qualifications and experience to IEMA Environmental Management level would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to coach and develop associates at all levels in the business
- Proven ability to work through others in a collaborative way
- Proven experience in food manufacturing processes, demonstrating an ability to assess relevant industry hazards
- Knowledge and understanding of health, safety and environment risk management and the pertaining UK, and European legislation, such as Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Environmental Protection Act 1990 and other various regulations