5 days left
- Contract Type
Manufacturing Supervisor, Barking, Essex, Food Manufacturing
The Manufacturing supervisor will lead the daily activities of the manufacturing department, ensuring the smooth running of the manufacturing unit with deadlines and end goals in mind. Ensuring all staff are utilised on a daily basis, the Manufacturing Supervisor will take a hands-on approach to supporting staff and dealing with queries and daily issues.
- Responsible for the manufacturing of product by the most cost-effective means to the agreed specification.
- Scheduling of all work within the factory and the organisation of workflows.
- Supervision of all staff within the manufacturing area, from time and attendance, discipline and performance management.
- Lead staff to ensure the team meets business critical deadlines and targets.
- Maintain work flows by monitoring progress, overseeing staff and resources.
- Plant maintenance, ensuring machinery is maintained and repairs/annual maintenance is scheduled at ideal times for the Production team.
- Reporting on performance and progress to manufacturing manager.
- Promote a positive working environment and motivate staff.
- Ensure the efficient and accurate control of stock.
- To play a leading role in maintaining the company's Health & Safety policy.
- Adhere and demonstrate best practice in line with the company food safety standards and procedures.
- To be actively involved in reducing waste and Lean Manufacturing management.
- To accurately record machine downtime with reasons.
- To provide training for production staff.
- Review, develop & record staff training.
- As part of the production team develop & maintain quality systems in accordance with BRC requirements.
- To ensure all departmental risk assessments are complete with actions and review dates.
- Ensue Good Manufacturing Practices are followed and play a leading role in the companies food safety policy.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experienced supervisor with a background in food manufacturing is ideal but not essential.
- Have good written & verbal communication skills
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- The ability to manage 30 staff a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety legislation
Hours of Work: Working hours: 40hrs/week Mon to Fri based on 2 shifts rota between 6.00am to 9.00pm.
Salary: £25,000+ negotiable depending on experience + Benefits including: 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Pension Scheme, Great team environment. Free secure car parking.
To Apply: Please press the "Apply" button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to: Production Supervisor, Production Team Leader, Operations, Section Manager, Line Manager, Production Shift Controller, Manufacturing Supervisor, Senior Operative, Manufacturing Team Leader, Barking, Cheltenham, Dagenham, East London, Essex, Stratford, Rainham, Romford, Manufacturer
Apply for Manufacturing Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly