7 days left
- Contract Type
Growing business is looking for an Engineering Manager to manage a team of nearly 20 Engineers , to lead the department. Driving improvements on machinery through continuous improvements and capital investment. You will be expected to develop processes and procedures , creating robust PPM's and develop the skill levels across your team.
This company is a market leader in their field. The site you will be responsible for is the most important within the UK . The company has sites all across Europe and supplies a wide range of customers. They have big investment plans to expand this site further.
Engineering Manager duties:
- Develop Maintenance systems to deliver best in class performance across the asset portfolio.
- Implement engineering best practice and support site strategy, whilst ensuring KPIs are achieved through continuous improvement initiatives.
- Monitor asset performance to ensure all priorities are met, and any engineering related downtime is minimised
Analyse and understand root cause of all engineering related downtime and implement robust engineering solutions to minimise.
- Lead, motivate and support the Engineering team, carry out regular reviews/appraisals and develop individual development plans to ensure skills sets meet ongoing business requirements.
- Manage technical apprenticeship programme to ensure that the company's succession plan is achieved whilst at the same time individual development needs are met.
- Support technical element of all New Product Introduction.
- Manage Engineering projects, ensuring successful completion on time and within budget limits.
- Manage the annual engineering budget
- Identify and deliver CAPEX opportunities focused on productivity, deficiencies and capacity improvements.
- Provide progress reports and data on performance as required
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to and good standards
You will need :
- Proven experience at a senior level in engineering management
- Preferably degree educated (or equivalent) within engineering
- Mechanical or electrical experience within a FMCG manufacturing environment and a complex plant
- Strong experience of Plant utilities
- Experience of change management, performance, engineering, planning and quality
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to demonstrate how you develop the skills of individuals in your team.