Head of Warehousing
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and five distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with over 3,000,000 fresh sandwiches and 250,000 salad packs every single week.
We are currently recruiting for a to be based in our West Drayton.
As a Head of Warehousing you will be responsible for managing and providing direction to the Warehousing, Picking, Dispatch and Distribution functions, specifically with regard to the development and implementation of procedures and controls to ensure service levels, budgeted costs and distribution revenue are consistently achieved and accurate and timely information reported.
- Champions continuous improvement to consistently deliver best practice
- Bring Warehouse Health, Safety and Environment strategy to life to look after our people and our Community
- Maintain & improve the equipment in a safe, hygienic and high-quality condition
- Enable and maximise Warehouse utilisation to deliver the business plan
- Embed and deliver KPIs for daily, weekly & monthly performance measurement & management
- Lead with a collaborative, customer led mindset, delighting the customer through delivery of our Values
- Build and inspire a high performing, and strong warehouse leadership team to deliver sustainable results
- Create a culture for people to thrive, attracting, retaining, engaging and developing talent
- Role model a continuous improvement culture, developing best practice & embracing modern logistics and warehousing techniques
- Build and implement the Distribution Warehouse plan to achieve EBIT and Productivity
- Deliver the Distribution P & L
- Control spend within budget, sign off limits and to align with business needs
- Build relationships with national leadership team to support delivery of key objectives and ensuring a “One Adelie” approach
The ideal candidate
- Experience of managing and developing and efficient leadership team
- Experience of developing a distribution warehouse
- Proven track record in driving continuous improvement programmes in distribution warehousing or manufacturing and preferably has demonstrable Lean Six Sigma experience
- Ability to inspire and lead change programmes, where people engagement, culture change and laser focus on operational costs are key elements of success
This is a full-time, working 40 hours per week.
In return for your time & hard work
- circa £70,000 per annum per annum
- 33 Days annual leave per annum
- Life assurance
- Private medical cover
- Free lunch
- Free parking on site
Interested? Apply now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.