An excellent opportunity has been created for a Specification Technologist for a fantastic multi-site food manufacturer based in Glasgow. They have a large Technical & NPD team where this role will work with both completing specifications.
- Manage the specifications system across all sites.
- Collate all raw ingredient, fresh produce and finished product specifications for all sites.
- Update supplier information and contact details.
- Transfer existing specifications (ingredient and finished product) to a suitable in-house database or bespoke system.
- Assist in development and improvement of the specifications systems.
- Complete and collate finished product specifications.
- Control issue of recipes.
- Complete relevant trackers for specification and supplier approval control.
- Obtain BRC certificates and update a central database on approved raw material suppliers.
- Update customer specification systems.
- Review of raw material & packaging specifications.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Past experience in retailer specification writing in a food manufacturing environment.
- Ability to collate and present information along with strong research abilities and a keen eye for detail as well as accurate data recording.
- Awareness of nutrition, food in-tolerance/allergens, microbiology, nutritional and chemical analysis.
- Knowledge of up to date legislation regarding the labelling of food products
- Graduate level with qualifications in Food Science, Technology/Nutrition or relevant experience.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive industry starting salary.
- Working hours of 08.30 – 17.00 Monday to Friday
If you are currently working within a similar role, and are looking for a fresh challenge please send your CV to Simon Norris.