You have the chance to join a leading Specialist Manufacturer as a Quality Analyst, providing both routine production and product development testing and quality analysis. You will be instrumental in ensuring that products are fit for purpose by supporting the business in meeting production requirements and customer expectations.
This growing specialist company based in Suffolk are investing heavily in product development and quality assurance. As the Quality Analyst you will we working as part of the lab team but also supporting the wider manufacturing operation in order to deliver continued product quality.
As the Quality Analyst you will be part of a strong multi-skilled quality & laboratory team, supporting in the quality control of new products that are supplied into an array of FMCG industries. You will be working will a wide product range in large scale production.
- Perform classical analysis of raw materials originating from various departments and external sources (e.g. peroxide values, acid values, ester values).
- Perform instrumental analysis on the above products which includes but is not exclusive to, UV spectroscopy, IR, gas and liquid chromatography and gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy.
- Perform general essential oil analysis but with further tests specific to the substance under analysis.
- Participate in organoleptic evaluation of the products as necessary.
- Prepare tasting solutions and arrange for a representative number of individuals to carry out analysis.
- Prepare reagents to the required standard for routine and non-routine analysis.
- Carry out regular calibration and maintenance of the measuring instruments as prescribed by the working practices in the laboratory.
- When necessary arrange for analytical samples to be sent for external analysis and collate the results.
- Assist in sample receipt to the QC laboratory when required to maintain work flow of sample analysis to the required areas of the department.
- Carry out day to day laboratory checks and housekeeping tasks, these include washing up glass wear in the absence of supporting staff as well as put away clean glassware, and emptying the wet bins at the end of each day.
- Contribution to continuous improvement in the Quality Department (e.g. suggestions on improvements in efficiency, cost cutting, improvements in effectiveness of operations).
- Follow any task and request linked to technical projects as requested by Quality Team Leader or Global Quality Control Manager.
- Report any faults or deficiencies in equipment or analytical practices to the Quality Team Leader.
The successful applicant will be have following:
- BSc degree in a relevant subject (such as; Chemistry, Forensic Sciences, Pharmaceutical Science)
- Relevant experience in a laboratory would be advantageous but is not essential
- Good organisational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Te ability to work efficiently with supervision, as required
- Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
Circa £18,000 - £22,000