Quality Systems Manager
Provide technical support and knowledge to ensure that organisation meets it's legal, quality and ethical standards through
Support the Technical Department through implementation of strategies and the Quality and Food Safety systems.
The client is a global FMCG manufacturer based in Wakefield looking to bolster their Technical team with a strong Quality Systems Manager
- Provide technical support and knowledge to ensure that organisation meets it's legal, quality and ethical standards
- To assist the company in complying with all European Food Legislation. Food Safety/HACCP coordinator for the company. Managing external testing schemes such as pesticide,OTA and heavy metal analysis.
- Lead and Manage the siteHACCP team. Manage and reviewHACCP meetings and the review of the siteHACCP system.
- Ensure that the site HACCP system and pre-requisite programme is fully implemented.
- Responsibility for the management, review and risk assessment of the site internal audit management system and the associated recruitment and development of the site internal auditing team.
- Produce benchmarking reports for retail customers as requested and internal reports to the business as required.
- Support the Technical Department with Continual Improvement projects and initiatives.
- Support NPD/EPD, ensuring information is communicated to the rest of the team as required. Support and Coordinate new product development and existing development process to ensure successful development and launches of new and existing products for the site and at associated Co-packing facilities.
- Manage and develop direct reports and maintain a highly motivated team that supports continuous improvement i.e. that adds value or reduces cost, initiates culture change activities and promotes company core values. Ensure adequate resources are available and succession plans are in place.
- Identify training needs for direct reports and ensure adequate coaching and training is provided to enhance flexibility.
- Support training initiatives for site which are driven through the Technical Dept e.g. Basic Food Hygiene, Food Safety.
- Support external stakeholders as required i.e. government bodies, represent the business industry
- Management of and resolution of food safety incidents, working closely with local authorities, retailer and customer technical management where required.
- Manage and maintain the site VACCP system
- Management and maintain the site TACCP system.
Understanding of Food, Health and Safety legislation within the UK
Science related degree (Food Science or Technology)
Experience of BRC Food Labelling
Experience of Organic and Fairtrade production
Experience of food packaging, technology and processes
Experience and understanding of retailer technical requirements
Lead Assessor and good experience of supplier auditing
Experience with Food law.
Level 4 HACCP
Food legal labels qualified.
Good people management skills, coaching and mentoring skills.
VACCP and TACCP trained
Experience of Customer facing roles and relationships.
Technical manager deputy experienced.
Holidays 25 days
Pension - 8% (extra 1% up to maximum of 12% for every 1% you contribute)
Private Health Care - Eligible to join after six months (Can join yourself or family - company contribute 85% of the cost)
Life Assurance - 8x salary after 6 months.