An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious NPD Technologist to join our team in Ashbourne, Derbyshire. As an Artisan and Fine Foods market leader, we are seeking an Individual to join an established team, in our bakery. The appointed person shall have a history of proven competence, with the ability to act as Lead on NPD projects and management of related NPD activity to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Lead the NPD projects managing all related NPD activities to ensure projects are delivered on time and to cost.
- Create new products from briefs supplied by the Directors
- Generate the information required, within the ERP system, for new, and updated recipes and process specifications and convert into final documents ready for issue.
- Generate Desk Top Costings for new concepts and work with the business analyst to provide robust the information from trials e.g. timings and yield data, for commercial costings purposes
- Research new raw materials and keep up to speed with flavour and ingredient trends to feed into NPD briefs.
- Source new raw materials and manage the process of introducing them into the bakery, including requesting specifications in line with company policy.
- Make improvements to current Trial protocol and report format to ensure all key information is collected and recorded in a format which is easy to interpret.
- Generate final recipes and issue to technical for the creation of pack copy drafts for the artwork approval process.
- Create Critical Paths for each project and manage them daily to ensure stakeholders actions are completed on time.
- Be fully conversant with, and use, the NPD Process as laid out in the company BRC policy.
- Be part of the artwork sign-off team.
- Prepare HACCP’s for any change to raw materials or process.
This document does not contain an exhaustive list of duties/responsibilities and should be read as such.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and good benefits. These include discretionary bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the point of interview and for the tenure of appointment.
Job Type: Full-time