Are you an Accountant looking to work for a growing FMCG business that is driven by family values and strong ethics. Are you looking to work for a forward thinking Finance Director and support in driving the financial strategy through all business units? This role is a newly created position with opportunity for development and company-wide exposure.
Throughout its history, the company has always placed a great deal of emphasis upon respect for staff, customers and local communities, such values have been ingrained in its culture and are key to their success. The business is focused on quality, value and service to meet it's customers' needs.
They promote growth and development from within, exceeding customers’ expectations and operate with honesty and integrity
The Accountant role will work cross-functionally to support the business in accelerating growth through review and monitoring of financial strategy and processes. The successful candidate will have atleast 5 years in accounting and either (ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualified or Part Qual). They must have strong Sage 50 and systems experience and be analytical in nature with an ability to communicate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform Bank Reconciliations.
• Support the Finance director in the preparation of the Financial Statement
• Manage the accounts payable and payment process
• Generate and analyse aged debtor & credit reports
• Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, monthly management accounts, variance analysis, ID standard reporting and commentaries.
• Work with Finance Director to keep on top of customers payments and/or when necessary dealing with customers rebates.
• Oversee the cash flow including reviewing overhead spend requirements.
• Review the advances, prepayments and accruals on regular basis to ensure applicable support and relevance.
• Oversee expenses to ensure compliance with company policy.
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis ensuring full documentation and support all transactions for Corporate/statutory compliance.
• Create monthly journals for Sage 50.
• Analyse Monthly sales per customer generating reports and creating graphs.
• Calculate and analyse month end stock reports.
• Responsible for Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable function ensuring that the company’s creditors are paid on a timely basis and cash is posted regularly.
• Prepare the monthly PAYE reconciliation and ensure that the necessary payment complies with statutory deadlines.
• Prepare the quarterly and annual VAT Returns and ensure that the necessary payment complies with statutory deadlines. This also includes reviews of invoices to ensure compliance VAT regulations and support of VAT audits as required.
• Liaise with the company’s banks on day-to-day matters
• Ensure compliance with all UK statutory regulations.
• Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
• Responsible for the annual, quarterly and monthly budgeting and forecasting process
• Document all processes for corporate compliance.
• Weekly and Monthly wages reconciliation
• Any other reasonable duties assigned by the Finance Director
• Prepare product costing as when required. For NPD launches
• Experience in preparing monthly management accounts to an agreed timetable
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV to Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.