Category Buyer, West Bromwich
Package: Competitive plus car and benefits
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK's biggest and brightest food companies.
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneur spirit
These ingredients have seen The Company become a 23,000 strong team in just 20 years.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Byer to join our team based at our West Bromwich site, working for the largest Food Manufacturer in the UK.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Category Buyer who is ready for the next challenge in your career. You will be required to develop, with guidance of line manager, and deliver the strategic procurement of goods and or services for a defined set of spend categories at the optimal cost given the quality and service required. You will conduct strategic category review with line manager for all sub category areas with a view to achieving savings (surcharge) targets, improving quality and service levels and achieving all other business.
You will develop category knowledge and work cross functionally across responsible spend areas and implement Category plan as agreed with line manager with a view of becoming category expert for defined area of spend responsibility.
So if you're looking for a role which will keep you challenged, enable you to grow and give you the chance to work in an environment envied by our competitors, then look no further.
- 2 years experience as a category Buyer
- Developing knowledge of negotiation, contract law, manufacturing, value engineering, forecasting, competitor analysis, market structure and analysis, project management
- University degree 2:1 or equivalent qualification that demonstrates the intellectual ability to work competently with complex numeric and verbal data, used contract negotiations.
- MCIPs or working towards or equivalent that shows commitment to continuous professional development and learning.
If you're ready to step into the role of Category Buyer for the UK's largest Food Manufacturer and want to make the most of this amazing opportunity, APPLY TODAY, we're looking forward to hearing from you!
Salary: £Competitive plus car and benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
This may be of interest to people looking for roles in the following: Buying Manager, Buyer, Buying Assistant, Category Manager Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Assistant Procurement Assistant Buyer Buying Planning Manager, Production Planner, Stock Controller, Production Manufacturing Birmingham Walsall Leicester Coventry Telford Wolverhampton West Midlands FMCG Food Manufacturing