A role as QC Supervisor for a leading Fresh produce supplier, with multiple sites in the Garden of England, has become available.
You will be responsible for supervising the busy QC team, motivating and training staff to ensure the highest quality of service is provided. You will also be co-operating with management and maintenance to ensure all production cleaning and maintenance documents are correctly recorded on a regular basis.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that offers excellent training and career opportunities.
Main daily duties:
- Work will involve assessing and QC testing of incoming fresh produce along with the QC team.
- Carry out regular stock checks to identity any problematic stock and communicate it to external and internal customers.
- To ensure that the Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are followed by all personnel and visitors to the site.
- To assist in the planning and management of staffing, to ensure optimum level of staffing is being used within budget, also ensuring the oncoming shift has sufficient staffing levels.
- Communicating information to staff, to have a thorough and effective shift handover.
- To ensure equipment is operational and relevant checks are made and maintained. When problems arise, contacting the relevant contractors to resolve the issue.
- You will be required to respond to both external and internal customer queries.
- To conduct internal audits.
- To ensure company policies are adhered to and administration functions completed within deadlines and maintain accurate records in line with customer/company requirements.
- Experience in fresh produce industry.
- Understanding of health and safety rules and regulations.
- Technically capable, the chosen candidates will need to be IT literate and demonstrate competencies of operating/understanding spreadsheets.
- Great communication skills and be able to easily build rapport with other colleagues and liaise confidently at all levels.
- Flexible approach to duties and hours of work to meet the needs of the business on a daily basis.
- This position would suit someone who would like to take a new opportunity or is looking to develop a career in the fresh produce industry.
- Own transport required owing to location.
- Full training will be provided.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Rob Salter for further information on 01233 223 712 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.
Apply for QC Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly