Our client is a well-known and award winning business in their food manufacturing category. They are currently looking for a Technical Manager.
The role will be to handle the daily technical aspects of the company, covering an expanding retail and middle ground business with a wide range of products.
- Support in the management and development of the Quality Management Systems, procedures and policies.
- Responsible for maintaining the site internal audit system including resolution of corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain hygiene procedures.
- HACCP Team leader.
- Provide Technical expertise and support before, during and after all external audits.
- Assist in staff training.
- Conduct Quality KPI and Quality Review meetings.
- Coordinating, interpreting and communicating laboratory results to the site management team.
- Support the business in maintaining BRC accreditation.
- Ensure customer standards (e.g. TFMS) are met.
- Identify, develop, document and implement procedural improvements.
- Responsible for overseeing the laboratory and making sure the department is cost effective, and ensuring all tests are being carried out to the requirements of the business.
- Manage communications from retailers including scorecards, attending sampling / benchmarking panels and conferences.
- Manage supplier approval system.
- Degree in Food Science / Manufacturing or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in a technical / quality role within food related industry either in operations, quality or laboratory disciplines.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene.
- Knowledge of BRC standards and food safety.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and Email.
- Advanced HACCP preferred.
- Customer specifications/Questionnaires/policies/food scare statements.
- Food labeling/nutritional/packaging approval/supplier approval.
- Fully conversant with BRC v7.
What’s on offer?
- Salary commensurate with experience and training level.
- Working hours of Monday to Friday 08.30-17.30 with flexibility for business requirements.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly