We are on the lookout for 2 Process Controllers for a chilled site based in Worcestershire.
You will be experienced within a process/technical or NPD role within a food manufacturer and qualified to degree level in a food science related field.
The main purpose of the role is to carry out essential Quality checks throughout the factory. Highlight any non-conformances and follow up on points raised. Maintaining GMP standards to a minimum level of 80% throughout the site whilst providing support in continuous improvement, developing strong working relationships with ops and production teams, and remaining proactive in the approach of food quality standards.
Key duties will include (but not limited to):
· Ensure all Operations paperwork is available and correct version is in place.
· Provide support/guidance to production staff with completion of documentation
· Maintain integrity of food safety documentation
· Ensure all daily organoleptic testing is carried out in accordance with QAS
· Ensure all NPD activities are correctly carried out and recorded and attend NPD meetings.
· Liaise with NPD for information regarding customer, raw materials, process, paperwork
· Attend and coordinate production trials and complete relevant paperwork
· Training of factory production team on products and processes
· Ensure samples are correctly sent to NPD, and the laboratory as required
· Ensure all products are accurately produced using method and timings set by recipes and audit as required
· Ensure all process records are correctly completed in real time
· Ensure any deviation from process is actioned accordingly – stop production and resolve before recommencing production or trial
· Assist in root cause analysis, and customer complaint investigations
· Ensure team leaders and operatives maintain traceability at all times
· Assist external (customer, BRC etc.) audits and visits to ensure satisfactory outcome
· Support for all Food Safety or Quality Assurance & allergen training
· Promote GMP throughout the factory areas
Experience & Qualifications required:
· Food Science degree or similar chilled food background experience
· NPD / Process / Production / Technical experience or qualifications
· HACCP level 3
· Experience of managing allergens
· Factory floor based experience in a chilled food manufacturing environment
· Flexible approach, and ability to manage own working day around the process and NPD development.
The role is Monday to Friday, typically 08:00am to 17:00pm, though it does demand flexibility, and the ability to shape your own day, based on the NPD / demands of the factory.
Whilst there will be a “hot desk” these are factory facing roles.
For more information, contact Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk
Apply for Process Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly