Our Glasgow site has benefitted from major investment in new, state of the art bakery equipment and we now need another Electrical Engineer to join our well established team who repair, optimise and maintain our modern plant and equipment. Our engineering key aims are to minimise the downtime on our fast moving lines by responding quickly to breakdowns, following robust planned maintenance schedules and working together to ensure continuous improvement initiatives are followed through.
You will be responsible for maintaining plant and equipment while working safely. You will be expected to carry out proactive and reactive engineering maintenance and repairs to the plant and services associated with a major bakery.
- To support the manufacturing process by responding effectively to equipment breakdowns
- Carrying out scheduled maintenance work
- Working proactively on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults.
- To fault find control systems utilising the various machines relevant documentation
- To establish harmonious relations with the operational staff and to work flexibly with them.
- Pro-active in the reduction of engineering downtime and continuous improvement.
- Carry out predictive maintenance techniques in line with the company strategy.
A time served Electrician is essential for this role; our ideal candidate would be multi-skilled, with experience in FMCG industry, preferably bakery. If you like the sound of the role, have a logical approach to fault finding and can work at pace while demonstrating a high level of Health and Safety awareness and compliance then we would love to hear from you.
This role requires complete flexibility to working hours. You will mainly work days, from Monday to Friday one week and Tuesday to Saturday the next. You will also be expected to provide cover for shift engineers and this may involve nightshifts and weekend working.