To be successful, you will:
- Manage, develop & lead site Hygiene team
- Including organization of duties, motivation, discipline, communication, objective setting, performance reviews and Feedback to Grow process
- Demonstrate visible leadership of the hygiene team
- Maintain and improve the deep cleaning schedules and daily cleaning schedules for the whole site (hygiene & other departmental tasks). These also include the high level cleaning, silo cleaning, confined space cleaning etc
- To manage a team of trained operators ensuring compliance with the schedules
- To ensure the use of appropriate cleaning chemicals purchased from approved suppliers
- To manage specialist contractors for hygiene and cleaning purposes on site
- To ensure all hygiene activities are compliant with company health & safety standards and legal requirements
- Ensure hygiene operatives adhere to safety precautions
- Ensure safe systems of work & risk assessments in place for every hygiene task
- Ensure contractors adhere to company safety and hygiene procedures
- Ensure Site adherence to COSHH regulations
- Timely investigation/corrective action for any incidents/accidents concerning the hygiene team.
- To monitor and trend standards adherence to individual hygiene schedules
- To complete audits of standards and deep clean hygiene schedules
- To complete period trending to show adherence to hygiene schedules
- To manage all methods of verifying hygiene methods and schedules
- To ensure adherence with chemical dilution requirements in accordance with the hygiene schedules
- In conjunction with the Quality Assurance team ensure verification of effective cleaning methods
- To investigate any non conformance in relation to pest control, hygiene, finished product microbiological analysis and plant swabbing with a view to evaluate the hygiene schedules effectiveness
- To complete all investigations in conjunction with the Quality Assurance team and other relevant Departmental Managers
- To manager the hygiene team to ensure that the correct hygiene standards are being attained
- Liaise with the Manufacturing management team to advise of any hygiene / standards issues
- To manage Pest Control activity on site.
- To develop and train all personnel within the department
- To complete performance development reviews through all levels within the department
- To ensure adequate training for all personnel within the department
- To ensure cleaning conducted by other departments is conducted by trained operatives and meets required standards.
- To monitor standards achieved
- To advise on improvements
- To ensure cleaning activities do not create any Food Safety risks.
- To maintain spend within agreed budget.
- Flexible approach to working patterns to ensure hygiene standards are maintained (including scheduled weekend working).
- Provide the Manufacturing team with relevant information to resolution of hygiene issues
- To be part of site audit team for internal & external audits
Apply for Hygiene Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly