Engineering Team Leader
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience Engineering Team Leader / Engineering Manager to join a blue chip manufacturing organisation in Liverpool.
Blue Chip FMCG manufacturer
- Ensure effective management and ownership of departmental improvement and development programs are achieved and operational decisions made and executed in a timely manner in order to meet department and site objectives. To effectively manage operational issues through use of improvement techniques and problem solving skills to enhance departmental performance and compliance
- To co-ordinate and manage the reactive activities in the department ensuring that these occur in accordance with regulatory requirements and all scheduling requirements to ensure they have minimal impact to the operational plan
- Provide clear management and leadership of a team of engineers to effectively complete day-to-day maintenance and testing as per schedule. Effective and collaborative working relationship with the Production Teams and Engineering support functions. Fully involved with root cause analysis for resolving issues and implementing long term solutions to provide the required CAPA's
- Develop and implement reliability best practices to ensure equipment performance and efficiencies are maximised and robust individual and team development plans to allow upskilling of the team members
- Manage change within the area of responsibility and provide clear development plans for the team
- To work collaboratively with the engineering management team and engineering technicians to achieve the relevant targets by showing strong teamwork and individual involvement in achievement of agreed work schedules.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure are essential. A positive and proactive approach is needed to aid resolution of issues.
- Demonstrate strong Leadership, influencing and collaborative cross functional working
- High standard of numeracy and literacy are essential together with excellent attention to detail
- Team management and clear development of teams
- Proven Operational Excellence skills and proven experience in implementing OE systems
Minimum Education Requirements
- Degree in Engineering, mechanical/electrical engineering, or HND
- Desirable to be a Chartered Engineer
- Minimum Experience Requirements
- Likely to be a graduate or be able to demonstrate academic potential to this level
- 5 Years' experience in Pharmaceutical / Food / Chemical manufacturing Industry at a team leadership level
£45,000 - £50,000