Warehouse Shift Manager, Sidcup
Warehouse Shift Manager - Sidcup
Permanent, Shift Based
Salary Circa £50,000 + Local Bonus Plan + Pension Plan + Flexible Benefits + Free Parking
What you become part of:
Sidcup Distribution Centre is a 24/7 operation and from 2018, our brand new Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) warehouse will hold 25,000 pallets, with a typical annual throughput of over one million pallets. Every 24 hours we expect to receive well over 1,000 pallets from the on-site manufacturing operation, directly into the ASRS, as well as handling over 100 vehicle movements. Inbound vehicles arrive from our other factory sites, with palletised goods which must be put away promptly and safely into the ASRS and accurately recorded. We also assemble orders of full pallets for dispatch to our customers and other sites across our network. Most customers order bulk pallets, which are assembled from the ASRS and rear-loaded onto third party haulage vehicles. We also carry out a sizeable case-picking operation within the adjacent conventional warehouse.
What to expect:
As an operational Shift Manager you will manage and organise a large and complex FMCG warehouse operation and be the most senior person on site for a significant portion of your time. Reporting to the Distribution Operations Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for a variety of business metrics including safety, cost, and service and there is an expectation for delivering a year on year improvement in all of these areas and more
- Manage Inbound/Outbound Stock Movement
- Ensure customer expectations are met on time and in full, by inspiring your team to follow operational processes, maintain stock accuracy and load/unload vehicles promptly
- Use SAP to monitor warehouse capacity and deal with issues before operational problems arise
- Monitor your team’s performance throughout the shift, making tactical choices to optimise service levels without overspending our budget
- Contribute to Safety/Continuous Improvement by sharing Best Practice with other team members, colleagues and national contacts
- Work with the Labour Planner and our agency to plan resources to match volumes
- Guide the team effectively under pressure from multiple areas of the business
- Grow, develop and engage your team via our performance management processes and successfully develop pipeline talent of the future
- Create a culture of safety by guiding and leading safe working practices
Skills & Essentials:
- Proven leadership skills and track record for performance management
- Strong record of process compliance
- Demonstrable ability to comprehend change management and lead a change initiative
- Project delivery and implementation skills
- Ability to work under pressure whilst managing multiple timed targets simultaneously
- Strong ability to drive operation compliance to process
- Ability to make critical decisions within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong IT skills
- Knowledge and understanding of SAP is advantageous but not essential
- Working on shifts, you will take a flexible and co-operative approach to changes in the rota to meet the needs of our business
- You will maintain high standards of customer service, for internal customers (e.g. factory) and external customers (e.g. retailers) and communicate these values to your team.
Learn more about Coca-Cola European Partners
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
If this role is of interest to you please upload a recent copy of your CV and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
We believe that equal opportunities means inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.
We aim to make our recruitment process as comfortable and accessible as possible and would appreciate it if you would advise us of any particular requirements, adjustments or requests you may have to help us ensure that your experience is enjoyable.