Senior Specifications Technologist
Are you a well experienced Spec Tech? On the hunt for your next challenge? If so, carry on reading…
We are looking for a Senior Specifications Technologist for a food manufacturer based in Northamptonshire.
Reporting to the Site Product Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that all retailer specifications and related paperwork are completed on time and in full and that all associated documentation inclusive of artwork are accurately approved.
If you’re a spec tech, I’m sure you know what will be required of you. But as a formality, here’s a list of bullet points for you to read for fun:
- Completion of retailer specifications in an accurate and timely manner to strict deadlines, which are right first time
- Ensuring that all retailers COP’s are adhered to and any changes are communicated to the wider business, working in conjunction with the Quality Assurance team
- Feedback to the Product Manager on a regular basis of all work/issues relating to specifications and their progress with customer.
- Working closely with the process and NPD teams through product development to write and manage Gold standard specifications, highlighting issues at an early stage so that they can be resolved, as part of the stage gate process.
- Maintenance of existing specifications through a review programme within agreed timescales
- Work closely with the Quality Systems team to review supplier specifications using Hamilton Grant (raw materials and packaging) to ensure they contain correct information and to be confident to challenge the content of specification.
- Translating recipes and supplier specifications into customer specification format.
- Interpreting nutritional analysis and running calculations to review against criteria
- Generate and check pack copy specifications and sign off all artworks to ensure legal compliance within the specified timeframes.
- Complete the relevant internal trackers for specification control.
- Artwork approval
- Support any customer audits e.g. BRC, PIU etc.
- Handle queries for both internal and external customers e.g. on ingredients.
What we need from you?
- MUST have proven experience writing and updating specifications for major UK retailers accurately and working knowledge of their systems.
- Food labelling and relevant legislation – legal labels completion desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the food industry
- HACCP level 3 or above
- Food Hygiene level 2 or above
- Completed multi retailer training courses
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, including labelling regulations, FIR etc
You will have 2 direct reports as part of the role so experience managing a small team would be ideal.
Salary: up to £30,000
For more information, contact Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk