We are currently on the hunt for Hygiene Manager for a well established and growing manufacturer based in Newcastle.
You will be responsible for a small team if hygiene operatives to ensure standards are fully maintained on site at all times.
- Organising and managing the hygiene team operations
- Carry out cleaning duties as directed.
- Complete cleaning schedules and the paperwork as directed.
- Ensure cleaning procedures are adhered to as required.
- Liaise with the Engineering Department over access to machinery or the installation of new machinery and equipment.
- Ensure that good housekeeping procedures are being followed throughout all aspects of the operation.
- Undertake any other duties reasonably requested by your hygiene manager, Managers or Directors.
- To make sure that the staff that report to you are properly trained or instructed to undertake the tasks required of them.
- Ensure that the agreed staff levels are in place in conjunction with your Manager. These vary from product to product or schedule to schedule.
- Ensure your staff are instructed throughout the day on tasks to be undertaken, either in your area or other areas.
- Ensure changeovers are smoothly handled and all relevant information is passed on to the Incoming Supervisor.
- Ensure training needs and plan the Training Program and ensure that necessary training is given.
- To correctly complete the required control documentation at the prescribed intervals.
- Ensure that a full and constructive shift report is written during and after the shift.
- To check your staff’s holidays and liaise with other supervisors to keep staffing levels correct.
- To take action on problems which might affect product.
- Agree to comply with Company Rules and ensure that discipline is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that Housekeeping is maintained when the factory is in production with the area kept in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Ensure that the Hygiene System as it relates to the Food Safety and Quality Management System is being complied with.
- Ensure Company Rules are being followed.
- To ensure that the Company’s requirements for Food Safety are being met.
- Ensure that all fellow personnel pursue safe working practices
- HACCP, COSHH, NVQ Level 2 (DESIRABLE)
- Certification and experience using a variety of manual handling equipment
- Good level of literacy, able to read and understand procedural instructions
- Complies with our high health and safety standards
- Experience working in a factory environment
For more information, contact Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk
Apply for Hygiene Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly