Technical Information Specialist
Technical Information Specialist, Ossett, West Yorkshire, Food Manufacturing
When you work at the Company, you are part of a creative and innovative environment, inspiring new tastes, embracing new technologies and pushing the boundaries of food science.
They are a leading privately owned global food ingredients business. The European division is rapidly growing and is a market leader in the manufacture of food coatings, seasonings and functional ingredient systems.
The Ossett site manufactures food coatings systems, dry blends, bread crumbs and rusk products. The site is a real success story and the team consistently deliver significant growth year on year making it an exciting time to join us.
Working within the RTIS Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the supply of technical information and regulatory support for a defined set of customers, ensuring they receive a world class service. Successful applicants will be a functional expert in relation to the technical and regulatory needs and expectations of our customers and the industry in which we operate.
The role involves:
- Proactively manage all aspects of the customer experience in terms of the supply of technical information and regulatory support.
- To build and develop positive working relationships with all customers
- To create and maintain a 'database' of customer specific requirements making this information available to R&D and other staff as required.
- Work with the raw materials and purchasing teams to ensure all raw materials and packaging used for defined customers meets their specific requirements and Company general requirements.
- Ensure all new product recipes are set up on the system correctly and meet any customer specific requirements and any company requirements.
- To complete specification, questionnaires or other technical documentation in response to customer requests
- Food sciences related degree or equivalent
- Previous experience working within a food manufacturing business
- An understanding of quality and food safety management system
- HACCP Knowledge and experience of BRC and other third party standards
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literate
- European Language skills would be an advantage
Working hours; Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm (37½ hours)
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000
Benefits - a pension with 3% contributions, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays rising to 25 days after 5 years' service, 2 x salary death in service benefit, health care cash plan, as well as many others.
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to people looking for the following: Specifications Technologist NPD Technologist New Process Development New Product Development Quality Technical Manager Assistant QA Auditor Packaging Technologist Quality NPD Assistant, Systems Administrator, Technical Assistant, Manufacturing Production FMCG Food Manufacturing, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Drink, Beverages, Wakefield, Leeds, Doncaster