Head of Sales & Operational Planning
Our client is a leading FMCG business who manufactures both branded and own label foods for the UK grocery channel. With their head office based near Leeds they have five manufacturing sites across the UK.
Following a review of their existing Supply Chain capability they've created an exciting new role for a Head of Sales & Operations Planning.
The Head of Sales & Operational Planning will be responsible for the leadership, development and control of the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Systems, Processes and Organisation.
The role holder will lead the IBP process and take overall accountability for ensuring Sales Demand is balanced with Supply Capability in the short, medium and long term. Inventory strategies will be defined and executed to ensure reliable and cost effective Customer Service.
The role reports directly to the group Operations & Supply Chain Director and will be a key member of the Supply Chain Leadership Team. There will be a requirement to work alongside all members of the Exec team who are the key stakeholders in the IBP process.
There will be five direct reports which need to be built into a high performing integrated team. The reports include three Regional Supply Chain Manager and two Demand Planning Manager.
The role holder has overall responsibility for ensuring Demand and Supply Plans are in balance for over 500 UK & International SKU's manufactured across five internal factories (as well as 3rd party manufacturers / co packers) to meet Customer Service OTIF.
The ideal candidate:
- An Experienced leader who has achieved success in multi-site FMCG environments which are fast paced, demanding and dynamic.
- Acts impartially and leads by example, commands respect among colleagues and support the development and capability of highly effective teams.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Planning Software Applications that have been integrated with Enterprise Resource Planning
- Highly numerate with demonstrated proficiency in statistical analysis strong business acumen and focus, demonstrating awareness of cost and profit performance levers
- Excellent communication and presentational skills. Able to positively influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work as part of a highly committed and close knit management team, developing and implementing transformational change, whilst delivering the annual business plan.