You have the chance to join a leading FMCG manufacturer with a strong market presence. As the Multi-Skilled Engineer you will be part of an experienced engineering team working on electro-mechanical equipment.
This Northamptonshire based business manufacture an array of consumer products for a varied customer base. Priding themselves on the quality of their products & their safe & efficient working environment, they are looking to build on this. As the Multi-Skilled Engineer you will be instrumental in ensuring their standards continue to reflect the industries to which they supply.
As the Multi-Skilled Engineer you be will be working closely with other functions within the business in order to ensure they drive process & equipment efficiency. You will have reactive & preventative duties as part of your role, ensuring that the business can continue to improve & get more capacity from the site.
- Electrical & mechanical fault finding, ensuring all engineering targets are achieved
- Maintain effective communication with all relevant departments regarding progress on repairs and Maintenance requests
- Ensure all departments are kept informed when maintenance tasks are taking place in their departments
- Liaise with operations team to ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to
- Ensure all items of plant operate efficiently and safely through proactive and reactive maintenance
- Provide support and engineering expertise to the site operation through implementation of proactive planned preventative maintenance
- Accountable for the performance and availability of your working areas, utilising reporting facilities to proactively identify and correct repetitive issues
- Provide a flexible approach and service to the operation to ensure that the sites targets are achieved
- Carry out all engineering disciplines using best Health and Safety and engineering practices
- Identify opportunities of improvement that will benefit the system function in terms of performance, efficiency and provide a cost benefit
- All plant is maintained in accordance with the approved maintenance schedules and training provided
THIS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO WORK A THREE SHIFT ROTATION
Multi-Skilled Engineer with experience within a FMCG manufacturer. The successful candidate will also have the following:
- Formally recognised engineering qualifications/training
- Extensive fault finding experience in an electro-mechanical FMCG environment
- Ideally 17th Edition training
- Ideally an understanding/familiarity with PLC systems (Siemens S5/S7)
- An understanding of Continuous Improvement techniques
- The ability to work independently and make informed, firm decisions
- The ability to work under pressure
Circa £35,000 - £40,000