To influence and implement operational strategy and Health & Safety activities with the Company Core Purpose, vision and Key Behaviours to deliver sustainable World Class performance, and to contribute to the achievement of Company profitability and efficiency targets, whilst providing a professional and customer orientated service. This is a hands-on role leading by example
A market leading food manufacturing business that prides itself on its commitment to HSE and delivering for its people.
Reporting into the Operations Director, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Establish, develop and communicate departmental goals to meet the needs of the business ensuring current processes and methodologies are fit for the delivery of the three-year plan. Establish subsequent action as appropriate and monitor departmental performances within agreed formats / Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and timescales.
- Lead, manage and motivate direct reports clearly; supporting and facilitating the development of knowledge and skills of team members; providing them with timely feedback, guidance, coaching, mentoring and training to assist in the achievement of individual and organisational goals. Monitor and share feedback on performance relative to expected standards through 1-2-1 reviews and development plans.
- Continuously seek and encourage in others, opportunities for improvement initiatives to address departmental problems; facilitate the use of knowledge or help from within and outside the department; and the workplace, to identify and source potential solutions. Ensure that the delivery of these is in-line with departmental objectives; resource; business constraints and those priorities are discussed with other departmental activities to engender joint commitment.
- Work effectively with other departmental managers, especially Engineering, Technical and Supply chain, and HR to ensure delivery of site operational strategy whilst ensuring the successful completion of business processes projects and activities.
- To set, and regularly monitor Operational expenditure within agreed budgets; challenging, investigating and agreeing actions to address variances as appropriate. Ensure all stakeholders are fully aware of their responsibility to deliver. Deliver monthly reporting showing all key variances with commentary and appropriate action plans.
- To embrace and develop a positive and proactive factory culture whilst initiating and driving the change process as business and operating requirements evolve.
- Work with the Operations Director to ensure that there are adequate Business Continuity for all Operational functions. Ensure that these plans are robust and tested at an agreed frequency
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following:
- A proven track record of managing a production team in food/drinks manufacturing
- An awareness of budget compilation, management and control
- Knowledge of the latest manufacturing initiatives and management concepts in line with world class manufacturing/lean
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety in a manufacturing environment