Creation and Applications Specialist
Creation and Applications Specialist
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced and highly creative Applications Specialist at Blends. The right candidate will help support the pro-active development of integrated solutions to enhance the sustainable growth and profitability of Blends Flavours and Colours Business unit.
This unique role combines cross category applications expertise in Beverage, Bakery, Confectionery, Dairy and Frozen Confectionery with a comprehensive working knowledge of Flavours and Colours. The ideal candidate may have worked in the Flavour Industry and/or multiple roles within the Food & Beverage Industries with a strong technical background (Food Science Degree or equivalent or considerable Industry based knowledge) and have a proven track record in commercially successful New Product Development.
If you are a driven and creative perfectionist who thrives in a busy, pressurised environment, then this could be the Dream Role for you…
You will have :
- Strong technical background with Food Science Degree or equivalent or considerable Industry based knowledge with a proven track record
- Significant working experience in Applications, RnD, Flavour Development & New Product Development with proven ability in organoleptic evaluation of flavours and products across a wide range of application categories and sectors
- Strong commercial & market knowledge and awareness cross category & cross sector
- A passion for food and drink and a thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
- The ability to turn consumer insights into tangible ready to consume concepts and solutions for our customers
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and strong presentation skills
- The ability to independently plan and execute technical work programmes to deliver agreed strategic business initiatives and demonstrate exceptional service
- Flexibility to perform a wide range of duties, work flexible hours when needed and travel to customers / exhibitions as required
Key Roles & Responsibilities :
- Manage customer/commercial briefs to address business opportunities as outlined in project pipeline.
- Develop new innovative products and concepts to meet the project brief, be compliant with regulatory requirements, within cost parameters and commercially scalable, shelf stable and suitable for mainstream production.
- Support the commercial/innovation teams to contribute to the growth of our business, taking a creative and strategic approach to brief execution and contributing to brainstorming sessions and account strategy planning as needed
- Contribute to a team approach in project management and supporting colleagues when needed, maintaining good relationships across all disciplines (sales, customer services, marketing, technical & production)
- Adhere to agreed timelines : Outline and plan projects, obtaining all materials & documentation needed to meet project deadlines and fulfil customer expectations.
- Demonstrate proficient use of Blends software and accurate recording of the technical data using these applications.
- Maintain accurate and retrievable records of all formulae, recipes and samples sent to clients in our Blends database
- Strive to be up to date in technical developments related to key application areas within Blends through market information, suppliers contacts, technical literature and industry networking
- Plan and participate in tasting sessions and strive to develop expertise and proficiency in the organoleptic evaluation of flavours and ingredients
- Build and maintain a comprehensive inventory and library of application specific flavours and ingredients for efficient sampling and brief execution.
- Maintain a clean and efficient laboratory work space, adhering to HACCP procedures
- Perform other projects/duties as assigned, including assignment to specific product lines as necessary.
All of our team members are expected to demonstrate professional behaviours and practices of cooperation, support, respect and teamwork at all times.