Manufacturing Production Operatives
12 months Temporary Weekend Manufacturing Operatives Ossett West Yorkshire
The Company is a BRC accredited market leading specialist manufacturer of coatings, seasonings and flavourings for the food industry supplying a diverse range of products to major manufacturers throughout the world.
Exciting opportunities have arisen for Manufacturing Operatives to join their Manufacturing Team at their Ossett plant. They have part time positions available working Saturday and Sunday 06:00 hrs - 18:00 hrs (24 paid hours per week).
Successful candidates will be responsible for the manufacture and packing of a range of food ingredient products, to written specifications meeting pre-determined criteria. It would be a condition of your employment that if requested to do so, you should be willing to move from one section of the department to another and from job to job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manufacture and pack products in line with work instructions and required specifications, ensuring target dates and manufacturing targets are met, whilst adhering to Corporate Manufacturing Standards.
- Ensure that all products are mixed and packed correctly and that a high standard of quality is maintained.
- Carry out and adhere to all company policies and standards, ensuring documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with safe working practices and systems of work, accepting any new instructions or training regarding all safety issues.
- Undertake such training, and to assist in training others or new members of staff, as is viewed necessary by the company to improve personal performance or to meet the overall business objectives.
- Actively work towards a "Right first time" attitude.
- Previous experience of working in food manufacturing (preferably FMCG)
- Physically able to lift weights of up to 25 kgs (the role involves consistently lifting, throughout the shift)
- Ability to adhere to company procedure and health and safety regulations
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
Positions available: Mixing Operatives, Packing Operatives, Reach FLT drivers, Sanitation Operatives, Warehouse Operatives, QA Technicians
Working hours and salary;
- Saturday and Sunday 06:00 hrs - 18:00hrs (24 paid hours a week) - Starting salary will be £11,982.30 per annum (inclusive of 20% shift allowance)
- Pay may be enhanced through overtime which may be available through the week in covering holidays and absence. (Overtime premiums are paid at time and half after 16 additional hours have been worked through the week).
- Successful applicants must be able to work Monday to Friday 06:00 - 14:00 / 14:00 - 22:00, for a period of up to 6 weeks to undertake training
- These temporary positions will be for a period of 12 months
Benefits - a pension with 3% contributions, 8 days, 2 x salary death in service benefit, health care cash plan, as well as many others.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to people looking for roles in the following: Machine Operator, Plant Operator, Multiskilled Operator, Mechanical Operator, Key, FMCG, Food, Drink, Manufacturing, Ossett, Wakefield, Leeds, Doncaster, West Yorkshire
Apply for Manufacturing Production Operatives
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly