Team Leader - Food Production
Team Leaders- Food Manufacturing
3 Shifts available
Monday - Friday
2pm - 10pm
Monday- Friday/Sunday Thursday
10pm - 6am
banked hours contract
Paid 40 hours work 37.5 hours - 1 Saturday a month if needed
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Readibake & Kates Cakes. We are the UK's leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business is in excess of £200 million.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Team Leader – reporting to the shift supervisor / shift manager
- Responsible for delivering key performance goals by maximising people, plant and process.
- Responsible for maintaining standards in line with H&S Policy, Quality Standards, KPI information and updating SOPs. Understand and be an advocate of the Health and Safety policy and Quality standards
- Supervise staff to ensure adherence to the above standards, through ensuring staff undertaking tasks are trained to do so. Observe staff to ensure they follow work instructions at all times.
- The team under your control will follow correct ways of working. Where there are gaps you will coach them to enforce correct behaviours.
- To act as a focal point to promote continuity and consistency of all operations, policies and procedures on shift.
- Cross-shift communication, cooperation and feedback to the teams and other functions are a key element of this role.
- Responsible for health and safety, productivity, quality and output for the area of responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to product standards and measure, monitor, action and report to the team and Management Team any deviations and corrective actions on performance achievements in line with CSM/BOS KPI’s.
- Work with the Management Team and colleagues to identify optimum work methods, ensure consistency of operation through development and application of SOP’s
- Budgetary control in line with KPI’s for efficiency, labour cost.
- Responsible for controlling, monitoring and assessing agency labour and liasing with the Shift Manager for daily requirements.
- Manage and remove labour variance anomalies
- Actively participate in GMP audits within the factory and ensure corrective actions are completed in a timely manner.
- PATCH live data accurately recorded and used for improvements
- EDGE full involvement in all aspects
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to work within and lead a team
- Supervisory and development of people
- Process knowledge
- Health and safety awareness
- Thorough understanding of product safety principles e.g. HACCP
- Basic PC Skills
- Above standard verbal and written communication skills
- Process knowledge and experience
- Train the trainer DESIRABLE
- Internal training: Allergens, Audits, CAYG, Basic Problem Solving, Communication, Teamwork DESIRABLE (although full training will be given)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Quantity and quality of work to achieve set KPI’s.
- Accurate completion of ALL written records
- Development of team, processes and equipment
- Willingness to accept training
- Labour and efficiency hourly basis
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity in a global leading organisation in the food industry
- 28 days annual leave (includes 2 public holidays) bank holidays worked
- On-going training
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On site car park