An exciting opportunity arises for a food manufacturer based in North Manchester who are looking for a Specification Technologist to join their team. This is a great position for someone who is looking to gain further experience and training or someone who is looking to move out of QA into a more Technical position.
- To review and manage suppliers, raw material and packaging specifications in QADEX and follow up on any queries with suppliers
- To create finished food specifications as required.
- To upload the finished food specifications on the relevant internal and customer systems as required.
- To support Technical Manager in completing forms, questionnaires and other customer documents as required
- To update supplier and customer databases as required eg QADEX, Erudus,
- Ensure the control of the relevant specification functions which affect the critical path of designated NPD and EPD projects.
- Working with process to have an understanding of current factory processes to ensure specifications reflect the most up to date site processes and procedures.
- Check artwork and packaging against agreed pack copy, legal/company requirements and ingredient specifications ensuring any non-compliance is reported and the site policies are followed and ensure traceability of the documentation throughout the project, ensuring any changes to recipe or process are communicated to all stakeholders.
- Awareness of nutrition, food in-tolerance/allergens, microbiology, nutritional and chemical analysis.
- Knowledge of up to date legislation regarding the labelling of food products
- Good Microsoft office skills especially Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint,
- Good Communication
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.
Apply for Specification Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly