Food Technologist – Office based Glasgow
Kent Foods Ltd is a successful and major supplier of ingredients to the food manufacturing industry.
We are looking to expand our dedicated technical team, you will be responsible for maintaining specifications for our food ingredient range for both our customers and suppliers and controlling some NPD projects with customers. You will work in a close team in a fast paced environment, with the ability to gain experience in a wide variety of technical functions (HACCP, Risk Assessments, and Internal Audits).
This will include:
- Completing customer questionnaires, and requesting documentation from suppliers, as well as updating the Company’s QMS with technical information.
- Assist in maintaining the supplier approval system and maintaining the supplier database,
- Ensuring that all raw material and third party product specs and HACCP are always on the system, updated, accurate and approved.
- Assist in developing all parts of the QMS systems, including the implementation of BRC requirements.
- Supplier complaint coordination and completion
- Coordination and support of trace documentation and exercises
- To assist the Technical Manager in specific projects and prepare any information required by customers.
- Assist in maintaining our BRC for Storage and Distribution accreditation.
- Assist the Technical Manager in dealing with queries and complaints relating to technical and quality matters.
- Work in conjunction with the commercial team to monitor and update NPD projects
- IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Internet
- An ability to type at a fast pace with high levels of accuracy
- Time management and an ability to plan and organise own workload
- The applicant should have experience in food industry and preferably have an understanding of HACCP and food safety standards such as BRC.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a warm welcoming manner
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under pressure and use initiative
The position offers a competitive salary.
In the first instance please submit you C.V by clicking the apply button below.
Apply for Food Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly