Our client is an expanding FMCG business based in the North Yorkshire. Due to a departure within the business, we are looking to appoint a new Technical Manager to lead the function during what will be a very exciting period of growth.
- Manage technically the Production Site and drive quality standards to the highest level.
- Maintain BRC Grade for the site.
- Maintain all customer Technical Approval i.e. ASDA, Tesco; M&S, Waitrose, Cooperative and Morrison’s Codes for Food Manufacture.
- Management of the Hygiene operations for the site to ensure food is produced to the safest standards without any associated risks.
- Manage the Quality Manual and all associated policies, procedures and paperwork to achieve the company’s aims and objectives.
- Develop, train, motivate and manage the technical staff to ensure the highest quality standards are met.
- Write, develop and implement policies to meet all current and new EU and UK legislation.
- Maintain and improve sound relationships with the EHO
- Ensure all products are in line with Trading Standards requirements
- Develop HACCP systems and Risk Assessments to remove any food safety issues from the people, process, plant and product.
- Write and control customer specifications.
- Ensure that products are produced in line with agreed customer specifications.
- Management of customer complaints and reduction of complaints.
- Manage all Technical KPI’s
- Report and recommend to the board any improvement required and capital investment required to achieve this improvements.
- Appraisal of the technical team as required
- Carryout supplier audits and assessments for suitability of purchase.
- Inspection, detection and rejection as required of all incoming goods.
- Management of microbiological, chemical and residue levels of product.
- Group Internal auditing to continuously improve technical standards.
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated leader who will continuously improve quality standards.
- Hold a degree in a relevant food subject, Intermediate HACCP training, Lead Auditor experience or min internal audit qualification.
- Proven track record in man management and experience in maintaining BRC Global standard.
- Experience working in High Risk and High Care facilities
- Excellent organisational skills, being able to work on several projects at the same time, and manage time effectively.
What’s on offer
- A basic salary commensurate with this position.
- Working hours of Mondays to Friday.
- 28 days annual.
If you are interested in this role then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to Simon Norris.