Greencore are currently seeking a Quality Manager to join their Technical team at their site in Leeds.
This is a great opportunity for an existing Quality Manager or for an individual with 1 to 2 years experience in the food manufacturing industry to take the next step in their career.
The emphasis of the role is leading quality on the front line by educating, mentoring and engaging with the Technical Operators working on the production line. We are seeking an inspiring leader with excellent interpersonal skills to drive change by ensuring compliance and focusing on solutions.
You will have a large scope of responsibilities across a small site, so you must be organised and self-sufficient. You will work as part of the small Technical Team led by the Technical Manager, but will not have any colleagues reporting directly to you.
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.30am- 5:00pm (although a degree of flexibility will be required)Main responsibilities
- Direct the team to deliver the quality management system including the internal audit plan in order to ensure compliance with customer, manufacturing unit, legislative, divisional and strategic requirements
- Provide information and demonstrate operational practice in support of external audits to enable compliance with customer requirements
- Mentor and develop the skills and knowledge of the Technical Operators based on the Technical Strategy
- Monitor departmental KPI’s adjusting team activity to ensure targets are achieved
- Plan and maintain resource utilisation in order to advise the required QA tasks
- Lead and deliver a project(s) to create business effectiveness and cost efficiency
- Building production capability and understanding to achieve relevant technical requirements
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE Policy
- Internal audit experience
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate level 3
- Relevant food manufacturing experience
- Level 3 Health and Safety
- Ability to use computer programmes including word, excel and related technical IT packages
- HACCP principles and practice
- Allergen awareness-implications / related to labelling
- Nutritional awareness
- Shelf life determination and awareness
- Hygiene & disinfection principles
- Basic micro awareness
- Principles of risk assessment
- Legal labelling –basic requirements
- Basic knowledge of Weight legislation
- Knowledge of technical KPIs
In the UK, Greencore is a market leader in sandwiches, Italian chilled meals, branded chilled meals, chilled sauces, cooking sauces and pickles. Supply is normally in bulk quantities only although we also have a unique nationwide chilled delivery service that supplies direct within the petrol forecourt and convenience sector.
Here at Greencore Grocery, Leeds we make just over 40% of all UK frozen Yorkshire puddings; making us one of the UK’s largest suppliers of frozen Yorkshire puddings to the Retail and Food Service markets. We offer private label and branded products for the top four UK supermarkets; supplying Yorkshire puddings and toad in the hole.