Reliability, Automation and Improvements Engineer
- Contract Type
This new S. Yorkshire based position is the ideal opportunity for highly skilled engineer looking to take the next step within the FMCG industry.
Our client is a national food supplier with strong company values and a wealth of recognised brands. The Reliability and Improvements Engineer role is based at their South Yorkshire flagship site.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager this Reliability and Improvements Engineer will form part of the engineering team that plays an integral part in the smooth running of a fast paced, food manufacturing site. The main responsibilities are to provide the correct maintenance strategy for the site equipment involving optimising preventative and proactive maintenance against reliability and cost objectives.
Other day to day responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate and establish the requirements of all outside third party technical support
- Use of CI tools to assess and repeatedly improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the maintenance plan
- Ensure effective maintenance plans delivered to the Site Capital Plan
-Maintain an audit-ready culture
- Prioritise HSE and Food safety at all times
The successful Reliability and Improvements Engineer will have a range of the following:
- Apprentice trained in mechanical, electrical or automation
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing setting ideally FMCG
- Knowledgeable and experience implementing manufacturing improvement concepts
- Ability to coach and advice technicians to raise the engineering department's capabilities
- Take pride and responsibility for the quality of own work delivered, and identify and action ways of improving it
- Eagerness to acquire new skills, complete training and development workshops
Highly competitive salary plus package.