Material Quality Specialist
An excellent opportunity to join an iconic global drinks business, producing some of the world's most prestigious brands, as Material Quality Specialist. This is an exciting time to join this well-known business as it enters into the next stage in its journey of growth, further establishing its brands in the global marketplace.
The role of Material Quality Specialist will lead internal and external suppliers to implement robust quality criteria, standards and processes, ensuring world-class material quality on current dry goods and new products. These responsibilities will have a particular emphasis on the company’s ultra-premium product portfolio.
- Location: Central Belt, Scotland
- Salary: Competitive
- Function: Operations
Key Responsibilities Include
- Leading all quality aspects of New Product Introduction / Engineering Projects throughout feasibility, implementation, trialling and final approval, ensuring suitability for global markets prior to the first shipment.
- Implementing robust visual management/quality criteria for premium dry goods materials.
- Supervising appropriate material environmental testing for sensitive global markets to ensure no degradation in packaging.
- Nurturing and building action-oriented partnerships with key suppliers to further develop material performance and optimise standards of quality.
- Continually assessing supplier performance, addressing issues and developing suppliers to ensure areas improvement are identified and addressed so ensuring targets are achieved.
- Maintaining and developing the supplier audit schedule aligned with the requirements of ISO 9001 and BRC7, defining criteria for priority support and managing risks within the P&SC supply base.
- Collating, preparing and publishing regular quality reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, raising awareness and promoting material and finished goods quality.
A proven problem solver, you’ll be someone with an analytical approach and with exceptional planning and organisational skills. To be successful in this role, you will need to be an effective communicator, be able to build strong networks and have the confidence to make difficult decisions whilst continually delivering great results to timescale.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of production and packaging processes, and preferably premium packaging gained within a similar FMCG environment. Of particular interest are candidates with experience in supplier development. A degree-level education, preferably in a Quality or Science discipline, would be advantageous.
UPDATE: We’re experiencing a high level of interest in this role, so would advise suitable candidates to apply quickly to avoid disappointment.