We are looking to appoint a Purchasing Controller to lead to lead a Manufacturing Unit Purchasing team, to ensure that capability and team performance are built and directed to deliver clearly defined business plans and target and to ensure close and effective liaison with UK/US Central sourcing teamsPackage description
- Implement the functional strategy to ensure the current business performance targets are achieved and that overall Divisional strategy is supported
- Lead on all Purchasing activity (through direct team and sourcing team) for the business unit, to ensure that the total cost (PPV) of the portfolio is managed efficiently and effectively
- Identify and implement actions to promote to the effective operation of the business unit executive to ensure that activities are aligned and focused on common goals.
- Establish and monitor information sources/data and forecast prices, to ensure accurate business forecasting, and support of commercial teams
- Monitor and review team capability, for the given category or portfolio area, to ensure all staff are clearly focused on their key objectives and developed to maximise their potential
- Monitor and review sourcing requirements to ensure that a clear supplier sourcing and succession plan is enacted
- Degree calibre
- Extensive experience of using Purchasing systems and processes
- Strong sourcing and negotiation experience
- Experience of building a high performing team
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Good understanding of food manufacturing processes and suppliers
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.