A leading food manufacturing business that have a goal to delight and nourish consumers across the globe with products people enjoy and feel better about. They are proud to provide their customers with the expertise, insights and know-how they need to deliver products that people enjoy and feel better about consuming.
They understand the science of taste and apply their insights into taste with their food technology expertise and advanced culinary knowledge to help their customers create innovative and unique food and beverage products.
A trusted supplier to the world's leading food companies, due to their wide range of expertise in every food and beverage field – including R&D, sensory, culinary, regulatory and food safety.
Working as part of the Process Science Team, providing applied scientific support within the complex matrix of a biotechnological fermentation system, integrating subjects as diverse as microbial physiology and ecology, digestion and reaction chemistry, biochemistry and enzymology. Reporting into the Process Science Manager, you will employ sophisticated science and technology to create natural products that satisfy the requirements of the global customer base.
- Utilise scientific methods to develop new approaches for growing yeast.
- Develop protocols to optimise yeast propagation performance.
- Bring technical knowledge to provide fermentation solutions fit for the needs of a diverse portfolio of product categories.
- Perform basic economic evaluations on formulations, raw materials and processes to estimate business value.
- Assist in the selection and evaluation of new strains to meet specific business objectives.
- Develop pilot-plant capability.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in yeast propagation technology.
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional teams made-up from disciplines as varied as RD&A, QA & QC, Production, Engineering, Procurement & Business Development.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Science degree in Biotechnology, Brewing, Microbiology, Viticulture or related field.
- Technical proficiency in science demonstrated either by performance in academic research and/or experience within a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Understands the necessity of incorporating business needs into technical choices.
- Practical experience working within diverse, multi-functional project teams.
- Capable of working on multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic setting with rapidly-changing project goals.
- The poise and interest to work in laboratory, pilot-plant, and manufacturing-scale environments.