My client, a well-known producer in the industry requires a QA Manager for their facility in the South region of Scotland.
The duties [not an exhaustive list] are:
- Microbiology and verification of results, including investigations and corrective results
- Product environmental issues [water and shelf life]
- Customer non-conformances – [root cause / investigation / corrective action
Internal audits in conjunction with the Technical Manager / QA Team
- Audits along with Technical Manager
- Traceability exercises
- HACCP [working as part of / coordinating with the HACCP team
- Management of the QA team of 4
- Working closely with the production managers and teams
- Administration of company/customer information.
The ideal candidate:
- You will have a strong working knowledge of QA procedures and the legislation that applies to the food industry; including HACCP.
- You will hold IOSHH Managing Safely and ideally a Level 3 in Food Safety/ Level 3 in HACCP.
- You will have experience in the process of both internal and external audits.
- You will manage a small team and have experience in people management.
The hours are 40 per week and the salary is dependent on experience.
There could be some relocation assistance