Health and Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
We currently have a requirement for a Health & Safety Manager within our Operations department.
The Health & Safety Manager is responsible for maintaining the Company’s Health, Safety and Welfare policy and systems, working proactively with management and members of staff to ensure legislative compliance whilst establishing a programme of continuous improvement and developing a culture of safe working across all Company sites.
Your role responsibilities could include but not limited too:
• To actively support the management team to meet Health, Safety and Environmental KPIs and performance objectives with the aim of improving site safety and commercial objectives
• Conduct and complete all site-related risk assessments with the support of line management to identify all key risks within the location and make commercial recommendations to reduce such risks
• Produce and implement site-specific safe working practices with the aim of improving knowledge, skill and attitude which will have a direct effect on reducing accidents or incidents which could lead to financial loss
• Carry out and complete specialist risk assessments such as Manual Handling, CoSHH and DSE to ensure that risks are reduced to meet commercial and legislative requirements
• Support and assist in the achievement of environmental objectives in conjunction with the Group Environmental Manager and ensure consultation on any environmental impact regarding health & safety processes
•Conduct a detailed analysis of all health & safety related training and produce comprehensive training matrices by role to ensure legal compliance for specific tasks that require specialist training with records and refresher training completed as required
• Actively monitors emergency procedures and site fire safety arrangements relating to colleagues, visitors and contractors in line with fire safety policy and risk assessment requirements to ensure that legal compliance and best practice is met
• Undertake monthly site inspections and report on any findings to the management team and deficiencies that may be identified to maintain safety standards and monitor the effectiveness of safety policies and procedures
In addition the successful candidate will be responsible for actively developing, implementing and maintaining Health & Safety best practice throughout the business, providing coaching and practical support for all necessary safety management processes such as Risk Assessment, Accident / Incident management, auditing etc, whilst maintaining a professional contact with external agencies such as the Health & Safety Executive, contractors and Insurers at all times.
The successful candidate should be professional, highly motivated, approachable and have a positive attitude. Qualified to at least NEBOSH certificate or equivalent level with a membership of a relevant professional body, candidates must have strong communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels and be competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to raise your personal profile in a dynamic and challenging environment.