Raw Materials Technical Manager
Do you want to work for a leading Food Manufacturer?
Our client has earned a place as a market leader from a strong combination of tradition and innovation. With a real emphasis on people development, now a fantastic opportunity arises to join this successful business...
Reports to the Head of Technical.
The main purpose of the role is to manage raw materials and packaging coming into the business by actively working with suppliers and internal cross functional teams to ensure the required food safety, quality and legal standards are maintained. This role also manages pest control across with external contractors.
1. To ensure the site technical systems are in place for obtaining and maintaining raw material specifications for the business.
2. Maintain the supplier database and supplier audit information, requesting accreditation certificates and reports for suppliers.
3. Manage the raw material intake team.
4. Conduct supplier visits regarding any quality issues as required.
5. To ensure that the sites specifications are reviewed and documented as per procedure. Systems are adequately monitored so that documentary evidence can be provided to support a due diligence defence in the event of a food safety or quality issue.
6. Ensure that the specifications are signed off by internal colleagues whilst measuring quality, food safety and technical elements against the company and customer requirements
7. Risk Assessment of Raw Materials.
8. Work in conjunction with the sites procurement, raw material intake and development team to assist in information gathering as required and resolution of issues.
9. Involved in day to day investigations on raw material issues and ensure follow up of any supplier corrective actions.
10. Internal auditing of sites systems and procedures to ensure compliance.
11. Management of pest control across sites working with our external pest control contractor to ensure compliance at all times.
The job role may require technical duties to be completed outside normal working hours and therefore flexibility is essential.
Skills / Experience:
• Previous Technical management experience specialising in raw material and packaging management.
• Key skills required include numeracy, literacy, communication and computer skills. Excellent level of IT literacy, particularly Excel
• Applicants must be self motivated with the ability to work flexibly in the event of a technical issue/audit/visit, have an eye for detail and be tenacious but approachable.
• Able to prioritise workload to achieve challenging deadlines
• Previous experience of working within a fast-paced chilled environment would be desirable
• Some experience of managing pest control on site desirable
Knowledge / Qualifications:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a food related discipline
• Lead Auditor
• Advanced Food Safety
• Advanced HACCP
• Knowledge of Sainsbury’s TSA / HARA policies and procedures advantageous.
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.