Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark specialise in chilled desserts specifically trifles, egg custards, cream cakes such as éclairs, doughnuts, profiteroles and choux buns. We are a growing site with expansion plans for 2018/19. Our sister site in Highbridge specialise in Cheesecakes and Tarts.
Electrically biased Shift Engineer position working 4 on 4 off.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Shift Engineer with Electrical bias to provide a maintenance engineering service to the business unit buildings, plant and associated equipment that ensures 100% availability and reliability, that results in the safe and efficient production of chilled desserts.
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and repair work is carried out within all statutory health, safety and environmental guidelines
- Provide effective engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all plant and equipment
- Build a strong working relationship with colleagues and the production team
- Ensure accurate and timely records for all work carried out, root causes of failures and spares and consumables used
- Manage contractors and issue work permits and audit their work in the absence of the senior engineer and maintenance manager
- Ensure that daily inspections on all buildings, plant and equipment security and safety devices are fully operational.
- Carry out all PPM equipment inspections on time as dictated by the PM system
- To identify areas / opportunities for both self and operational improvement, and to communicate these appropriately to the maintenance manager
- Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions, equipment and all special tools are readily available to all engineering staff
What you will need
A formal engineering qualification is required and will currently be working in an FMCG environment.
You will be electrically bias.
Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
In return you will receive salary £32,000 – 35,000 plus pension as well working for a well-established food manufacturer that is market leading with great career prospects.
This is 4 on 4 off shift pattern 40.25 hours.