Contract Manufacturing Quality Manager
Here at Glanbia Performance Nutrition (GPN), our mission is to inspire consumers everywhere to achieve their performance and healthy lifestyle goals. By combining innovation and brand development, we are now proudly the world’s number one sports nutrition brand family, with over $1.1Bn in revenue.
The GPN brands include Nutramino, Optimum Nutrition, BSN, Isopure, ABB, Body & Fit, thinkThin and Amazing Grass, each with its own unique brand essence. With over 2,300 employees and a direct presence in 32 countries worldwide, we are a truly global organisation.
From our business model to our culture, we live our values in everything we do. As we continue to build and grow the leading, most innovative kind of performance Nutrition Company, one of our key values has become “hiring and developing the best people”.
With the brightest minds in Commercial, Marketing, Product Supply, Finance, HR and Operations who have made us the business we are today, GPN continues to seek out those who are focused on building their career.
Are you ambitious with a “winning together” mindset? A natural collaborator who enjoys taking risks and working in a challenging hyper-growth environment? If the answer is yes, we would love to talk to you about joining GPN.
As Contract Manufacturing Quality Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all products & product quality/food safety processes within Contract Manufacturing comply with specified GPN requirements, via qualification and re-qualification audits.
You will provide guidance to the Quality Assurance & Food Safety teams in the disciplines of Product Safety, Quality and Legality, whilst ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Support and drive the business accident prevention initiatives by reporting potential accidents on the Near Miss Reporting tool
- Manage a database to Ensure GFSI accreditation is held & maintained as well as managing all necessary Co Man site certificates
- Manage and complete audits of all Co Mans, manage closure of non-conformances with effective corrective and preventative actions, ensuring root cause is identified
- Working with 3rd party warehouse and distributors to manage held/rejected stock incidents ensuring physical segregation/identification and SAP Quarantine of stock
- Liaise with Procurement over selection and approval process for Contract Manufactures. Manage and maintain database of Quality Survey and Audit reports associated to site approval status
- Liaise with R&D during trials and product launches to ensure new products conform to standards and specifications with release as required
- Highlight any material Quality issues to Technical Management to ensure appropriate action is taken to assess the potential impact of any deviation on finished product quality before it is used
- Working with 3rd party warehouse and distributors to manage any held/rejected stock incidents ensuring physical segregation/identification whilst endeavouring to meet orders
- Previous experience in a similar role within the food industry is essential
- Lead Auditor Qualification
- Level 4 Food Safety
- HACCP Certification – Level 3 or above
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook) and SAP
Location & Travel
The role’s primary base is in Middlesbrough; however there will be up to 80% international travel involved due to auditing across the EMEA Region.