A leading SME in the food manufacturing arena seeking to recruit a Buyer to join there expanding team.
To source good quality raw materials, packaging and finished goods in a cost efficient and timely manner. Build strong relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders. Ensuring 100% service to the factory at all times.
- Ordering of raw materials, packaging and BIFG.
- Ordering of all consumables for the factory and warehouse.
- All related administration to the ordering of the above.
- Setting up and managing SLAs with suppliers.
- Contract negotiations.
- Tender process/ supplier selection.
- Keep up to date with raw material and packaging technology.
- Working within budget.
- Building supplier relationships.
- Work with other department to cover their buying needs.
- Previous experience in a procurement, purchasing or buyer position (ideally within the FMCG industry)
- Educated to Degree level
- CIPS (Desirable)