Mechanical Fitter (Days)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience mechanical fitter to join a blue chip manufacturing organisation based in Manchester
My client is a blue chip manufacturing organisation based in Manchester.
- Ensure all engineering tasks are carried out and recorded on time and in a safe manner.
- Action on T-cards to ensure work is carried out in accordance with planned activity.
- Effective communication with key stakeholders to ensure full awareness of plan activity.
- Ensure systems are left in a fully functioning state on handover.
- Properly record all parts used for maintenance and repair, booking out against department/assets.
- Interface with the maintenance planner and stores personnel for the planning & provision of spares, materials and equipment.
- To identify and carry out Continuous Improvement (CI) activities in conjunction with key stakeholders, and create T-Cards to cover these.
- Design and fabricate steel structures and pipe work installation across the site using specialist welding and associated engineering skills.
- To take the Site lead in managing and maintaining welding equipment/standards/risks assessments including abrasive wheels.
- To perform preventative maintenance schedules and tasks including lubrication, overhaul of spare modules, and planned downtime activity (in association with the maintenance team), using T-Card (or other) system to record actions and to generate follow-up works as needed.
- Self-training to maintain skill and knowledge base, sharing knowledge with colleagues.
Time served mechanical apprenticeship
5 years' + experience in a similar position
Blending experience would be desirable
£31,000 basic salary on a days role