As Area Manager you will be required to lead a team, and manage the consistent processes within your department.
You will be the first point of contact for people management, working closely with the technical team, reporting in to Production Management.
The successful Area Manager will ensure that products are manufactured to the agreed production plan and standard.
Well known national manufacturer, market leaders in their field and product with an excellent local reputation.
- Deliver against department productivity and efficiency targets
- Continuously monitor raw materials
- Monitor and review labour requirements
- Effectively communicate with the operations team and report progress against planned work, output and KPI's
- Drive CI and lean culture within your team and the wider engineering function
- 8D / 5Y and Lean application will be of benefit
- Experience from relevant FMCG, Automotive, Food manufacturing business with experience and confidence delivering against short lead times and JIT expectations
- Confident leader and character as a current or previous Area Manager, Shift Supervisor, Production Team Leader role
- HNC / HND / Degree / Time Served / Apprentice applications will all be considered
Career progression and exposure to engineering management
Area Manager shift based role
Based local to Newcastle upon Tyne area, commutable from Durham, Sunderland and surrounding areas