Production Supervisor £32k
Purpose of role:
Running the night shift staff team of up to 20 people working alongside the Production manager; this role manages the night shift production process ensuring our products are of the highest quality and are picked, prepared and packed to an excellent standard.
- Lead, supervise and motivate the production team ensuring clear daily guidance for completion of tasks.
- Working closely with the Quality team monitor product standards and service to ensure orders are consistently produced according to customer specifications.
- Optimise all aspects of operational performance including efficiencies, cost, waste and yield whilst driving continuous improvement
- Apply best practice for product handling at all stages of order collation.
- Manage health, safety and environmental compliance in line with company processes and procedures and food industry standards e.g.: MSC / Salsa
- Manage the team to ensure that set HACCP standards are adhered to
- Contribute to monthly stock takes as required e.g.: non fish items
- Work collaboratively with all other teams across the company applying a collegiate attitude and respect to peers and colleagues.
- Communicate effectively at all levels ensuring any concerns or issues are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Assist the Production manager in assessing training needs and planning and executing team training
- Assist the Production manager in planning and maintaining the staffing rota and future plans.
- Ensure all appropriate record keeping is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure the comprehensive cleaning schedule is maintained
- Supervisory skills to be able to run a production process from start to finish.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Fish industry desirable / Food industry required
- Night shift experience required
- Excellent knowledge and experience of process and procedure in a similar environment
- Good understanding of health & safety regulations in a similar setting
- Fast learner for new processes and systems – Microsoft Office /Ordering systems
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
- Excellent people skills
Hours: 50 per week across 5 night shifts Sun – Fri
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum