Engineering Team Leader
Are you currently an engineering supervisor looking for a new technical challenge? Do you have experience in fault finding, root cause analysis and problem solving? Do you have supervisory experience and a ‘hands on’ approach?
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic and highly motivated maintenance shift leader based at our site in Consett, Durham. The role consists of managing a team of engineers who maintain and improve the performance of all plant and equipment to achieve maximum machine availability targets.
***The shfit pattern is 2 days, 2 days off, 2 nights, 2 days off. Every 4th week there will be a 3 day shift which covers the weekend***Package description
- Plan and prioritise the shift workload for the engineering team to enable production targets to be achieved by maximising machinery up time
- Execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule to maximise machinery up time and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensure all plant and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times
- Ensure the shift engineering team produces all documents and reports accurately and presents information in the required format to given time scales
- Ensure that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues work safely at all times
- Lead the engineering team to create a high performing culture where team members are supported to achieve their potential
- Ensure the shift engineering team adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) ensuring compliance with manufacturing unit food safety requirements
- Carry out root cause analysis on faults and implement robust fixes.
- Engages with all development activity for themselves and team.
- Championing H&S standards across the shift
- Electrically biased time served accredited apprentice or Engineering HNC with appropriate levels of industrial experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing machinery and/or processes within the food industry preferable
- Experience in managing a multi-skilled team
- Computer Literacy
- Yellow belt Lean six sigma or experience of participating in lean projects
- High level of H&S awareness, ideally IOSH/ NEBOSH qualified