Supply and Demand Planner
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager of this large chilled Food Supplier based in West Yorkshire, you will be responsible for the effective day to day management of the Planning Team function, ensuring that customer service levels are met and exceeded.
As an integral member of the site team, the Supply and Demand Planner will be expected to liaise closely with all key personnel, ensuring that effective relationships are developed with both key stake holders within the business and external suppliers.
The individual will need to take a pro-active involvement in the continuous improvement and design of the planning systems, ensuring that best practice is evolved and utilized across the department, whilst having the desire and ability to improve business processes and performance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Day to day management of the planning team function, including coaching and training
- Continually reviewing orders and ensuring they fall in line with forecasted lead times
- Creating, developing and managing long term plans and requirements for key seasonal activities, peak volumes and new product launches
- Maintaining supplier and product data in Company systems and databases
- Identifying and resolving any stock issues or potential issues along with maintaining all stock analysis reports
- Building rapport with suppliers to ensure best service levels
Skills / experience needed:
- Experience in a demand planning role in the Food Industry
- A self-starter with an ability to motivate and inspire
- Strong relationship builder and communicator across all levels
- Data analysis with experience developing and implementing effective processes
- IT literate
- Driving License
- Large Food Supplier sourcing a huge range of products
- Many of the products are made to order by regional artisan suppliers
- Customers include Large Pub Chains / Restaurants and Food Service Customers
- Long established business, experiencing rapid growth following expansion
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4309 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.