National Accounts Manager (Food Sales)
7 days left
- Contract Type
Be Part of a Winning Team
National Accounts Manager
Excellent Salary + Bonus + Car.
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, with extensive independent retail accounts across the UK. Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK top ten according to 2017 Nielsen data. (Laila, Salaam & Apna).
With over 2,000 products available, Surya represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies as well as its own popular house-brands, including Laila, Salaam, Apna, Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for a National Accounts Manager for Morrisons and Asda.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for brands that are in the national supermarkets and independent outlets. The role is full time. You will be responsible for contacting key clients, driving volumes, sales and profits. You will need to be able to communicate to the highest standard, be engaging, of course be incredible at sales and closing the deals!
This is a role with regional responsibility therefore travel within the UK is an essential component. A Company car (or mileage reclaim) is provided with a requirement to visit head office in Harwich Essex regularly.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for retailer accounts as directed by the Managing Direcor.
- Ensure KPI’s such as volumes, sales, margin, service levels, promotions, are monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales and profit growth each year for key assigned accounts.
- Maintain thorough understanding of each customer including competitors and strategic initiatives.
- Liaise with members of the organisation to ensure service levels are maintained at a minimum level of 98%.
- Ability to manage relationships with retailers on a professional basis enhancing the Surya reputation as a reliable and trusted supplier.
- To provide periodic ongoing reports to the Managing Director, as required.
- To liaise with assigned retailer account on a daily basis to discuss, stock, promotional activity, NPD & pricing.
- To increase prices when required
- To manage promotion budgets
- Regular face to face meetings with key contacts within assigned accounts.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Selling skills at the highest level
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Strong management skills
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- Ability to maintain and manage relationships at senior levels
- FMCG knowledge is essential
- A desire to grow and develop
- Strong communication
- Analytical Skills
If you have the necessary skills and experience and want to work with great people in a growing business then we would love to hear from you.
Apply for National Accounts Manager (Food Sales)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly